Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Anna Dean Farms Barberton, Ohio Wedding | A Photographer's Many Roles

This bride and groom hold a special place in our hearts. Kieran and I have known each other for many years so we loved getting to work with them again.

The day was beautiful, a little hot, but there was no rain like the forecast had hinted at a week before hand. (Brides seriously don't stress yourself the forecast is forever changing.)  This was the very first wedding to ever be held at Anna Dean Farms in Barberton, Ohio and I doubt it will be the last. It was rustic and had a classic clean look to it as well. Everything was ready to go and in its place but only one thing was missing. The bride's brother is in the Navy and is currently deployed so as a surprise to the bride the family made a cardboard cutout of him and included it in all of the day's festivities. He even made it into the family formals. If you are ever looking to do something extra special for a family member that can't make it this may be just the thing. You will see later that he might have even caught the garter.

We started the day with the ladies while they got ready. It is an unusual day when I get to play just the role of photographer. At this wedding I got to help do hair for two of the bridesmaids, tie a pretty bow, and swap shoes with the bride. That is right! Last minute she decided she didn't love her shoes with her dress and mine just happened to match so we swapped. Anything to make the bride happy, really, anything. Sometimes I paint nails, tie the back of the dress, and really anything else that is needed.







Their first look was so sweet. I absolutly love getting to capture these special moments for our amazing couples. 



Check out his fun socks! Once again a wedding with awesome socks. Don't forget the little things when you are planning what the groom will wear.

Her bouquet was made up of silk flowers and broaches. It was lovely and I was so glad that I got to help her. We went shopping together we carried around lots of different flowers and put them together until she found something she loved.

Isn't her necklace adorable! I love it when girls wear fun accessories.




This truly was a lovely venue that I am sure will become very popular as soon as word gets out that they host weddings.
Such a beautiful little flower girl. She was all about the camera and I had a blast caputuring her adorable personality.
That personality I just mentioned... this image says it all.
So lovely and green with just the right amount of sun shining through.


At first glance you can hardly tell her brother is a tall piece of cardboard. I am sure there are many other families who could benefit from this idea. It was a nice wway to include him.
Brothers. Enough said, right? I love it!


The bride wanted this shot for her daddy. I thought it was really sweet then she can give him the canvas too.
The bride's wedding band was blue so when I saw this door I knew I had to do something with the rings. Once I got them to balance I quickly grabbed this shot as I followed the bride and groom back inside. I love thinking outside of the box sometimes.






Kieran is a sorority member at Ohio State University. The girls sang a song together with her. it was really sweet.

It looks to me like he might have caught the garter!



Can't forget the sparkler exit! It was certainly a night to remember!


Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Andrews! We are so happy for the two of you!

We only have a few dates left in 2015 be sure to contact us soon if you are looking for a wedding photographer. We would love to work with you!

3 comments :